Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Plantar Fasciitis Strikes Again

When I was a ballerina I had a lot of issues with Plantar Fasciitis flaring up, especially during weeks leading up to a performance. After this past month of intensive HIIT exercising I am now feeling the effects of a flare-up in my left foot. It's pretty annoying, but I know it's my body's way of telling me to calm down. It also didn't help that my New Balance Minimus shoes pooped out around March 20, and I had to suddenly switch back to the good old Vibrams without warning my arches beforehand. Probably a bad choice.

Anyways, I took yesterday off and now I'm craving some gym-time so I'm going to try and make a Plantar-Fasciitis friendly routine for this evening.

I'll let you know if this is truly gentle for my painful appendage tomorrow!


UPDATE:

Alright, so I did this workout last night, and I have to say it was actually pretty easy on my aching tendons :) The only thing that still hurt was walking around the gym to get to the weights, stretching area, elliptical...etc. I didn't get to do the bent-over rows or flies because it was so darn busy in the gym and I wanted to get home to see my man, but I added in two rounds of a previous ab workouts I've posted. I signed up for a 7 day challenge with Dailyhiit, and that was their workout for day 1! Good thing it was abs since I still can't jump around right now :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!