Friday, April 26, 2013

Coconut Oil Candies

Yesterday was very productive! I ate a snack around 4:30 so I wouldn't be hungry while I ran errands after work and went straight to the gym. When I got home it was only 8:00! I like this set-up better then going home, eating dinner, digesting, then working out until 9. So I had time to try out a recipe I've been thinking about AND give myself a pedicure. Awesome.


Coconut Candies







Ingredients:

1/4 cup of Virgin Coconut Oil
12 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Agave nectar (to taste)(about 1 tbsp)
Fillings: Natural Peanut butter (about 1 tbsp divided), Caramelized Walnuts, Sea salt, unsweetened Coconut flakes

Procedure:

Melt coconut oil in a Pyrex bowl in the microwave (about a minute). Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and nectar. In a non-stick mini muffin pan, drop about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into 10 places.

Let freeze for 10 minutes.

Add fillings onto the chocolate (now hardened) disks. Cover with another table spoon of chocolate sauce. For the peanutbutter, make sure the chocolate meets the lower half around the circumference so that the candy stays together.



Let set in the refrigerator overnight. They slide out easily because the chocolate shrinks when chilled.

Nutrition per candy (without fillings):
Calories: 60   Carbs: 2 g   Fat: 6 g  Sugar: 2 g






Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!