Monday, May 13, 2013

Microwave Crazy Cake

On Friday I was hanging out with my (very) pregnant sister and we didn't have any good desserts in the house. SO, being the good sister that I am, I offered to try and make a mug cake for her that I had seen on the interwebs. I used this recipe from sweetlittlebluebird.

We used a mug that we thought was pretty standard, but I think something with a little wider/shallower shape would work best--almost like a soup mug.

I was nervous when we had it in the microwave because it started overflowing, but it didn't get messy it just puffed up and stayed there. We have a pretty new and powerful microwave so we did it for 1 minute and 40 seconds. It was still gooey in the bottom, but any longer and it would have overcooked the top part...that's why I think a shallower-ish mug would be perfect!

Here's the part where you make the depressions:


 And then you fill them with the oil, vanilla, and vinegar:

















Here is Erin enjoying a bite :)

Definitely a quick, good dessert for a hangering preggo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!